- I see that on your Tumblr account that your artwork is digital. What do you use to draw and paint – Photoshop, Manga Studio or something else?
The software that I usually use varies, when I originally used Paint tool SAI when I first started, then switched the Photoshop after I started to paint more. But right now I’ve been using Manga Studio 5 the most since it has a good balance between SAI and Photoshop.
2. How long have you been making art?
I’ve making art since around I was 10.
3. You’ve clearly been influenced by Manga, any other sources that you derive inspiration from?
Mhm I love Manga, Comic books and, video games in general some of the work that I love to death would probably be Babs Tarr, Shilin Huang, and Ross Tran just to name a few.
4. What are you currently working on?
Right now I’ve been making concept art for a game/ comic I would love make as a side project along with my upcoming enrollment to college to keep me busy.
5. I see that you take commissions, any pieces that you’re particularly proud of?
Honestly I haven’t done any commissions that wanted me to do finish art (mostly concept art) but my favorite piece in general has to be of character art of my character Sky and more recently Fan-art of a Character named Seaport Hime
6. Were you always interested in art?
No not at all. Originally I first started drawing because Nintendo released a app for the DS called Flipnote Studio where you could make your own short animations and post them on to the internet. It actually got to the point where I was never playing any games I was just drawing on the DS haha!
7. What was the last exhibition that you’ve been to? (Have you been to any?)
Last exhibition I’ve ever gone to was probably 2 or 3 years ago now. It was for my old art school Chicago high school for the arts. we would display all the work we had done in that year up to that point.
8. In addition to digital art, do you do stuff in analog? With pencil/paint/charcoals etc?
Yes! I actually do a lot of art traditionally but it mostly comes to sketches with markers, watercolour, etc. But I have done some work in large scale for example in an internship I had with Gallery 37 I did 3 oil/ acrylic painting for them.